Our Competition Practice has a proven track record of supporting clients through complex competition policy matters, transactions and public interest considerations.
- Strategic advice and guidance to navigate and understand competition policy and the intersection with overarching national policies and sectoral legislation from the lens of competition authorities and intervening government departments and ministries.
- Close monitoring and tracking of competition proceedings and rulings and analyse the implications hereof on broader state policy, legislation and regulation.
- Content formulation and drafting of compelling evidence-based submissions and proposals.
- Simulation and readiness-plans to plans to prepare clients for leading oral evidence before competition authorities.
- Identifying, activating and maintaining Practical pathways for constructive engagement and information sharing between our clients and competition authorities, to address competition concerns.
The scope of our work covers:
- Competition regulatory process
- Market inquiries and investigations
- Multi-jurisdictional and single market acquisitions and mergers
- Cartels, market conduct and abuse of dominance
- Appeals to competition tribunals
- Public interest guidelines in mergers and acquisitions